Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Not Knowing Gives Hope

You know the old phrase "no news is good news". Sometimes that can really be true, because if there isn't any news then we can still have hope that the news will be in our favor. For example, you go for a job interview for a 'dream' job and you haven't heard any news yet. You can still have hope that the job is yours and that you will be able to finally do something you love for the money you want. Once the news comes, then hoping is all over. Either you got the job and you can be happy with the news or you get the bad news and have to move on from that dream and look towards something else. This can be really hard to do. Moving on from something you finally found that just seems to fit is hard and when it's right there in front of you, flaunted like a steak in front of a hungry lion, makes it even harder. So without the news, there is still hope. Hope is a very special thing. It gives us the ability to dream that something amazing will happen. Fantasy can still exist. Sometimes when the news gets here, the hoping, dreaming and fantasizing must cease. This is not always fun. So people ask me sometimes why I am not always open with my feelings well it's because I don't want the news. I don't want to lose the hope, dreams, and fantasies. Yes, I know that may not be the best way to live life. But I love dreaming, fantasizing and hoping for the ultimate fairy tale. So sometime the not knowing continues to gives us hope. Some may think it is just lying to ourselves. No I don't think that relationships or life should be based on lies or do I like being lied to by another, but this is me not going for the truth and therefore: I say what's worse a "lie that draws a smile or a truth that draws a tear".

No comments:

Post a Comment