Monday, December 13, 2010

"Yes, Virginia! There is a Santa Claus!"

Dear Santa,
I don't need to be Virginia to believe in you Santa Claus. I believed in for as long as I can remember. That's a long time seeing as I am in my mid-thirties. Did you know that I was related to a man who kept your magic alive, by dressing in a gorgeous red suit every Christmas season. When he wore the suit he became apart of your magic. He made children smile and happy-two things that are so special about Christmas time. Yes as children we get excited about the wrapped joys under the tree, but we still love the magic. The magic of reindeer flying through the sky. The magic of a man able to climb down chimneys and make enough gifts for all children around the world. This is the kind of magic that is special and unique and must be passed on for generations and generations. This man who wore the red suit passed on about 2 years ago. It was a sad day to lose a man with such a huge heart, a man who was Santa when he was wearing the red suit trimmed in fur. Though his body has passed on, he will never be forgotten. He will always be in our hearts, especially those of us who truly believe. The red suit has been passed on to the next generation to a man who loves Christmas as much as Santa himself. Once again when the suit is worn, Magic happens and hearts are warmed, wishes are answered and the kids in all of us begin to return. We return to a place where a tree with lights is a place where all your dreams can come true. A place where joy lies, not just in the gifts hidden in paper and bows, but the smiles and love that went into the gifts and the joy they bring when opened. Santa I believe in you. I truly believe in the magic of Christmas. Christmas has been different for me the last years. They have been a little difficult since I lost my mom and the man that once wore the suit. They meant a lot to me during these days. I no longer live in the place where I stayed up all night in my bed, with the glow of Christmas lights shining in my room, because I begged my parents to leave them on all night on Christmas Eve, so you were sure to stop in for some cookies. My house was amazingly decorated with lights galore that my dad and I spent hours putting up. When we came in from the cold, my mom had warmed the house with hot chocolate and the most lovely inside decorations you could imagine, with a choo choo and all. She made it special, very special. I miss her everyday, but this time of year is hard. My dad is doing ok and for the first time since she passed he has decorated his place. I believe in the magic Santa. Thank you for letting my dad find this magic too. I know he feels it when he puts on the red suit that was passed on to him, but I hope he can feel it always. I am fortunate I have an amazing aunt who has helped me always keep the Christmas Magic in my heart-my mom wouldn't have wanted it any other way. She was a giver. She gave so much, she forgot about herself. I am sorry about this. I am thankful that I had such a wonderful aunt to be there for me always and help me through the hard moments in life, my career, and with the loss of my mom. My aunt is amazing. If you have time maybe you could give her a special gift that will help her with some of her troubles. She really deserves the world. She does more for our family than all of us put together. She just gives, gives, and gives more. I don't know the perfect gift that will make her realize how special she is. Santa, you are perfect with this, you are not as indecisive. She could use a few breaks, maybe help her win the power ball-I know not really your thing-and sounds a little selfish, but trust me she will put it to give use and she so deserves it. She does so much for everyone and this way she can continue to help all of us, but lots of stress could go away. She could use a little break. She's amazing at all the things she does for her mom, her dad, her sister, her nephews, her brothers and all her family, especially me. She has helped me become a good person. I want good to come to her, so I thought I would ask you. Either way Santa, I believe in you and will for the rest of my life. You are an inspiration-a magical figure that represents innocence and childhood-things we all need to hold on to. They can make life much more worthwhile. Santa, thank you for continuing on your journey and never letting nonbelievers get to you. Keep up the magic-there are many people who believe in you. I should know, I am one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment